Thursday, November 5, 2009

What is the Gospel?

3 Nephi 26:13-22

Jesus' words to the Nephites after his death..
v13 ...I came into the world to do the will of my Father...



v14 ...that I might be lifted up upon the cross...that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works..


v16 ...whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled; and if he endureth to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father.


v20 ...repent...be baptized... that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day...


v21 ...this is my gospel


v22 ...if ye do these things blessed are ye, for ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
 
 
I know Jesus Christ came down to earth to teach us then atone for our sins and pains.  I'm thankful to be able to follow His example and have greater joy as I go through life.  I'm grateful for His willingness to atone for us so we can repent, change, even forgive and return to Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment