Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting Mad or Offended

Helaman 16:22
...Satan did go about spreading rumors and contentions upon all the face of the land, that he might harden the hearts of the people against that which was good and against that which should come.

I know he constantly tries to make me contentious which I sometimes give into but later realize that it didn’t need to be a contention such as perceived offenses. 

Here's some situations that I've had lately, particularly with making relay calls in our new ward. (I have to utilize the services of a Relay operator using a typing phone device to communicate with others.)  I called one person to find out info for Jamin's piano lessons and was hung up on before given the chance to say anything.  People tend to think I'm, or rather the Relay operator is, a salesperson.

Another time I called to find out something for a church calling, the operator included the person's exasperated sighs along with her answers.  I felt that she was being impatient about having to communicate through an operator. 

So I was ticked off about both of these situations and trying to let go of these feelings and having a hard time doing it.  Later I found out that:  it was a sitter that didn't know how to deal with the situation (1st example) and in the 2nd example, the sister was sick and having some difficulty speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment